Conversation with Coco Chanel (Video Transcription)

 


This is a transcription of a Youtube live video containing a spiritual channeling done by Claudia Monacelli. Audiences in the live video were given a chance to ask questions in the chat box and Coco Chanel answers them. Being someone who is in the beauty and fashion field, I rather find this video very important to transcribe because of the great wisdom it contains. You can watch the video here.

 

C: How were you inspired and were you intuitive knowing what you were tapping upon?

 

Coco: Yes, I was inspired. My work as a fashion designer and other work I had in part by my intuition and in part by instructions from the people I worked for. I also was inspired by uniforms worn by soldiers during that time period. If you can consider the lines were very severe in many of my women’s fashion designs.

 

C: Covid has flipped the way the industry works. Trade policies have also seemed to zap the creativity from the work over the last thirty years. What is the future for fashion?

 

“Always there is a future for fashion.”

 

“The future lies in smaller fashion designers who find a key and a niche for their particular design.”

 

Coco: Always there is a future for fashion. There is no doubt, so count on that. Remember that there is always creativity but you do use a keyword that links to the fashion industry’s production and sales bringing together creativity and available funds. There are the laws of supply and demand in any economy. The fashion industry is not different. The future lies in smaller fashion designers who find a key and a niche for their particular design. Fashion designing will be in the hands of the young in the future. New names, new faces – and it will seem to the outside world that it is a matter of luck. I believe that luck occurs when preparation meets opportunity in all fields but the change in relation to the past is that the large fashion houses will be less important than individual fashion designers. They will choose to work in small groups rather than for a larger important name. Have faith in the fashion industry. The king is not – the emperor is not without clothes.

 

C: What would be your message to us if you have a specific message?

 

Coco: Yes, of course I do. It is as I just said, to not lose your faith. There is a difference between trust and faith. Faith goes above all the forests and all the trees. Trust is and can be described as the individual trees. Trust between few people but faith in your power to go forward. With faith on your side, mountains can be moved.

 

C: Is it true that you are a spy for the Germans in occupied France during the war?

 

Coco: No, I was not. But, indeed, I was. The answer is ambiguous but true. There were times when I was on one side only and then on another side. There was a time when I believed it would be impossible for me to go on playing that game. I even wanted to change my identity and go live somewhere else but it wasn’t possible. Yes, I was an informant. I did not spy on anyone because I was admitted to certain circles and the information I received was received in good faith. What I did with that information you may call it a consequence of spying but it was informing. It was similar to what you could do today to pay someone for their information. Why I spent time telling you this is because the word “spy” always tells you of a negative practice when in fact my work as an informant was very helpful to both sides.

 

C: How did you get the name Coco Chanel when your original name was Gabrielle Bonheur? There seems to be different stories about that.

 

Coco: No, there is one story. I wanted a name that could serve me and be changed from the name I used in the past. There were several names that I considered and this name was the one we decided on. I say “we” because it was a blend, a mix of three different people thinking of what could sell best. The different stories that are told about this name have different points of view. But ultimately, the name Coco Chanel was chosen because it could sell.

 

C: Did you ever know that your legacy will continue as Chanel high quality brand?

 

Coco: No, of course not. Like many famous artists today, from the names of those no longer living, they, too, never knew and lived a life when they were alive that was quite different. Many, many, many people become world-famous after they are gone. This is life. And no, I didn’t know.

 

C: Are you ever able to keep in contact with your sister during your rise to fame?

 

Coco: Yes, I was. It was difficult but we had a close channel of communication. Not always steady, but we tried very hard. Not many people know this. We kept our story to ourselves. You may not think of me as a private person, but I was. And even though my name was highlighted for the work I did during the war, I did that and was able to do that because it had a hidden quality. I did not like the limelight. I preferred being a creator behind a name.

 

C: Will the pricing of Chanel still be riding while everything is going down?

 

Coco: Yes, they will, because Chanel was created with the notion of haute couture. It defined that and distinguished that. What you will be seeing in future is the rise of young stylist fashion designers who will be inspired by my work and my name but who will also say this and declare where their inspiration came from. And those are the moments that I cherish because it means they ride on my wings.

 

C: What are your words of wisdom for women empowerment?

 

“Power comes from within and not from what you wear.”

 

“Femininity means power and can be very powerful.”

 

“Just know women are all goddesses. That should be your compass.”

 

Coco: Power comes from within and not from what you wear. There is the idea – when you think of fashion that your beauty could bring empowerment. Not all women think this, but femininity means power and can be very powerful. There is much confusion for women and there has been confusion for over fifty years about how women can move forward. Should they act like men? Should they compete in a man’s world, wear trousers, pants instead of dresses? How can they act? Should they be seductive or stern? These questions really are not important for empowerment. But what is important is how you express your inner light, how you can show others what you are made of, and not use the fear of a lack of empowerment as your guide but rather just know women are all goddesses. That should be your compass.

 

C: What fashion advice would you have for the women of 2020 and how they are dressing after Covid has created a more casual attitude?

 

Coco: I believe contrasts are necessary. You say a dimension casual. I suggest and foresee casual attire mixed with high fashion detail. An example could be wearing a pair of jeans with extremely high fashion jewelry or accessories, or outerwear and underneath more casual clothing. This is what we should be seeing. And the reverse is also true: high fashion clothing and attire with custom jewelry of varying colors and geometrical designs.

 

C: Is Coco incarnated again? If yes, where and as what?

 

Coco: Yes. I am a female, not living in Europe but in an African country that I wish not to mention. There is a stigma attached to many different countries. Just know I am there.

 

C: How do you define a classy woman?

 

“When a woman feels comfortable in her skin, she exudes class no matter what she wears.”

 

Coco: Class is a quality that emerges from within. It is all about attitude. And when a woman feels comfortable in her skin, she exudes class no matter what she wears.

 

C: Should we buy such expensive bags and jewelry or is it better to give money to the poor who have not money even for food?


“There is a market for luxury items and the reason being because there is a demand.” 


Coco: No, it is not a shame to do both. These two things have a purpose. They’re all purposed and if a woman desires to do one or the other, it should not be criticized or believed to be futile the purchase of luxury items. There is a market for luxury items and the reason being because there is a demand. Perhaps you are talking about espousing both. You are perhaps suggesting that people who purchase luxury items should also give to the poor. And although of course this is possible, it is a prerogative of each individual. Giving to the poor is also equal to doing voluntary work or offering free seminars. Anything to do to give back or that helps you to give thanks for what you have and what you have achieved.

 

C: Will young designers come to the Chanel establishment after Karl Lagerfeld?

 

Coco: Yes and no. Like I said early before, young designers will primarily branch off on their own and they will be more meaningful than larger fashion names. The world is a large place and what becomes in demand in most parts of the world are not large and important brand names in future and this is why younger and unknown designers will have success.

 

C: What was the biggest thing you learned about your life or creativity when you passed over to the other side?

 

Coco: It was that the problems I had when I was alive were not important. Other things were, such as people and my relationships with them.

 

C: Did World War II affect you in any way as you lived those times?

 

Coco: An important effect was that I took inspiration from uniforms for my fashions. And I turned to a more peaceful existence trying to make peace and find peace, making peace with myself.

 

C: How can today’s women exude their sensuality and femininity the best while existing in a male-oriented world?

 

Coco: Men have been born from women – that is the key. It is important for you all to learn what the mother archetype – all different types of the mother archetype can teach you. One example is how this archetype comes out by fostering understanding of those around you. There is a nurturing quality to this action. The key would be not to oppose but to compose.

 

C: Do you see time travel existing from long ago or still being used secretly?

 

Coco: Yes, time travel has always existed since the beginning of time. Time travel is part of our lives. We do this without even knowing it and some clues are even offered in our dreams. But people who have the grace and concentration to meditate, easily or with more difficulty, can understand what it means to time travel today.

 

C: What do you think of plus sized models?

 

“All models are models. The size ordeal is a figment of our imagination.”


Coco: I don’t think about them, no. All models are models. The size ordeal is a figment of our imagination. And the media, as an institution, has created a series of sizes. Yes, I admit, the modeling industry has perpetrated a look. But today, believe me when I say, you will not be asking that question any longer even in the near future.

 

C: What was your relationship with Elsa Schiaparelli? It seemed as though there was opposition.

 

Coco: Yes, there was. She was a very close friend at one time. Perhaps she was and became angry because of a love we both shared. Not literally, but we cared for the same person. And it was impossible for us to be very close because of this.

 

C: What is your life lesson? What message do you want to convey for this generation, both men and women?

 

Coco: Very simply, my suggestion to you is, and always will be, to spend time with your loved ones and not with frivolous things or worrying about trying to keep up with the Joneses. Only value your relationships and loved ones.

 

C: How do you feel about cosmetic surgery, botox and fillers for staying young-looking?

 

“Beauty comes from within and it always will.”

 

Coco: I don’t care for that because remember, I said that beauty comes from within and it always will.

 

C: Do souls have a freedom to choose to be incarnated or to be a spirit guide? What actually decides that? Our karma? Or do we have to choose?

 

Coco: Yes, you choose, but there is a sort of negotiation with the divine and other souls because at times a certain soul may be needed to guide others. It changes every lifetime.

 

C: If you are reborn in a feminine soul in this life, can you recognize your Chanel products in all areas? Do you use it too?

 

Coco: No. Absolutely not. In my new life, I have nothing to do with fashion. I am involved in finance which makes me laugh a lot.

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts