My Top Beauty Secrets

 


I’ve struggled with my skin for a very long time. When I hit puberty, acne started popping up all over my face. I’ve tried all kinds of tips and tricks I could find to make my acne disappear (including burning my face with raw garlic) but it just worsened. Then someone told me that it was genetic – so I looked at my parents and discovered that they had acne too when they were younger. I lost hope in achieving the perfect skin until my 20s, when I finally found a skincare routine that really worked for me.

Organic Beauty Products

During my early twenties, I discovered that the reason why most beauty products don’t work for me is because I have ultra-sensitive skin that does not react well to the strong chemicals in most of the products I used. So, when I started using organic beauty products, specifically my foundation, moisturizing gel, and cleansing balm – I’ve seen my face look better.

Cleansing

I did something wrong in my cleansing routine during my teenage years which worsened my skin: When I cleansed myself of makeup, I only used a facial foam because I thought that was already strong enough to cleanse everything. Because of that lapse of judgment, my skin became dryer and rougher. That problem was solved when I discovered cold creams and cleansing balms. I cleanse by using makeup wipes or micellar water on a cotton ball, then thoroughly massage the face using a cold cream or cleansing balm, and then I wash everything off with a facial foam with activated charcoal (my favorite type of facial foam).

Honey

This is one easy beauty trick that worked wonders for my skin. After my skin is cleansed, I do not apply toner. I apply honey onto my face and I leave it for about thirty minutes or more. I do this every morning and night, which made my face look more moisturized, suppler, and younger. During the one whole month of not meeting up with my boyfriend because of the pandemic, I diligently applied honey onto my face day and night; and when he finally saw me again, he noticed some nice changes in my skin. He told me I looked more blooming, and I told him that it was just honey that caused it. ©

Rosehip Oil

Facial oils have become popular in the recent years. And thank God for their popularity, they saved my skin! I have tried sunflower oil and rosehip oil, both of which made my skin look better – but I think I will be sticking to rosehip oil for the rest of my life. Aside from loving roses as my favorite flower of all time, rosehip oil has removed my acne scars quicker, and is really helpful in the exfoliation of my face. Also, I just have this belief that rose is always good for beauty. Rose has the highest energetic vibration among the flowers (followed by lavender); it is crowned as the queen of flowers; and it is associated with the goddess Aphrodite. After cleansing my skin at night and putting on my organic rose moisturizing gel on my face, I spread rosehip oil onto my face and just sleep like that. The next morning, I am as pretty as the fairies.

For most of us, finding the right products and the perfect skin care routine may take us years. What I am most happy about is my discovery of honey and rosehip oil since they are natural and safe for almost everyone’s skin. Also, people from thousands of years ago may have used them too, as a part of their beauty routine. After trying on expensive beauty products in the market, and looking up beauty product reviews on the internet, who knew that my skin would be the happiest in just honey and rosehip oil? ©


Comments

Popular Posts